Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Men Love Junk Food

Men need a wife or a mother.  Bachelors die younger than any other social group. 

Ken loves junk food.  When I married him, he lived on pizza and donuts.  That is what we argued about for many years.  I wanted him to eat healthy and he didn't want to.  So after 30 years of marriage, he likes to eat healthy...when I feed it to him. 

He knows the value of eating healthy. He even preaches it to others.  But when he's traveling, he eats junk food.  He wishes he was more disciplined.  I wish he was more disciplined but he's not.  So instead of getting upset with him, I realized God created me as his help meet and when he's home, I am going to feed him the healthy food and leave the rest to the Lord.

That is pretty much what I have been doing about anything I want changed in Ken now.  I just pray about it and let the Lord work it out.  It sure is a burden lifted off of my shoulder knowing I'm not in charge of changing him! God does a much better job.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.Genesis 2:18