Thursday, June 23, 2011

Femininity

"It is important for a woman to understand that she must be feminine (devoid of dominance and control) in order for her man to view her as his exact counterpart, and thus willingly respond to her protectively, with love and gentleness.  A woman who criticizes her husband for watching too much TV, playing too much golf, or indulging in any frivolous activity is expressing dishonor.  A man cannot cherish a strong woman who expresses her displeasure of him. The home front should not be a spiritual battlefield; it should be the place where a man relaxes and can be vulnerable with the woman he cherishes." (Debi Pearl)

This is a hard one for most of us women.  We want to be in control.  We want him to spend more time with us than he does with the TV or golf.  We think that is a much wiser use of his time.  We spend our time wisely...cleaning the house, fixing food, taking care of the children...Why shouldn't he? 

We feel very justified in our feelings and even share it with our friends.  They agree with us and think most men are jerks.  This even makes us angrier so by the time we confront our husbands on this, we are really angry and let them "have it"...Pretty ugly, isn't it?

I sure wouldn't want somebody telling me how I should live my life... How I should spend my free time...Criticizing me to their friends and to my face, then blowing up in anger at me.  I want to treat others the way I want to be treated. 

Start treating your husband that way...Like an adult.  Let him live like he wants.  Win him with your feminine ways.  Flirt with him, fix him wonderful food, and look nice for him.  THEN maybe he will want to spend more time with you!

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.  (I Corinthians 11:3)

Sunny Saturday