Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Encouraged Rather Than Discouraged

Are their some bad habits or sins in your life that you would love to get rid of....overeating, being lazy, watching too much television, getting angry easily, hurting others with your words, etc.  I have found a good way to deal with these is to speak truth to yourself ~

I am not going to overeat today, because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Then believe it and walk in that truth.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

I am not going to get angry at my children today but be patient and kind with them, because the Holy Spirit lives inside of me, therefore, I am able to walk in the Spirit.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  Galatians 5:25

I am going to work hard and not be lazy, because I am a new creature and none of His commands are burdensome.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away ; behold , all things are become new.  II Corinthians 5:17

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.  I John 5:3

I am not going to look at filth on television or on the Internet today, because He commands me to dwell on the lovely, the pure, and the holy so that I can have peace and His power works mightily within me.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.  Philippians 4:8,9

Whereunto I also labour , striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.  Colossians 1:29

I choose to love my husband today because God is love, He lives inside of me, and I choose to allow His love to flow out of me.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God I John 4:7

When you blow it, don't get discouraged and be full of guilt. That is just the enemy's way to keep you from becoming more like Jesus.  Remember that Christ died for ALL your sins;  past, present, and future.  Be encouraged instead and remind yourself of all of God's wonderful promises and keep up the battle.  And soon, you will walk in victory, because Christ died to set you free.  Believe that!!!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Hebrews 12:1