Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Heart Transformation


Okay, God, I heard you...

There has been someone in my life recently that REALLY bothers me...I mean REALLY.  So I have handled it in a mature and godly way {NOT}...complaining about that person and getting upset with them...

As I was walking yesterday, I remembered the verses about not grumbling or complaining.  Conviction.  I am not going to grumble or complain about them anymore.

Then in my devotions today, I read this from a man who said his mom would spend an hour with the Lord every morning ~

I never saw her lose her temper or speak even one word in anger.  I never heard her participate in idle gossip or make a disparaging remark about another person.  In fact, I never saw in her even the hint of an emotion unbecoming to someone who had drunk from "the river of the water of life"(Rev. 22:1) and who had eaten of "the living bread that came down from heaven"(John 6:51).
Frederick Willian Farrar from Streams In The Desert

Then on the next day's devotion in Streams In The Desert, I read  ~

"I may be asked of God to nurture kind and loving thoughts about the very person who has wronged me and to speak gently to him, take his side when others oppose him, and bestow sympathy and comfort to him...And I may be called to walk through this world with a bright, smiling face while my heart is breaking."

I want to be that kind of wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, etc.  Thankfully, I fully realize that I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me....He is SO good and worthy of all our praise.  I love you Jesus!

For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.  Do all things without murmurings and disputings, that you may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. 
Philippians 2:13-15

Gratituesday
{Titus 2}sdays


Mckmama- Not Me Monday