Thursday, April 19, 2012

Beautiful Women

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZvEpUE5dTp7ysdwuzt-PAgIKwwbLR3DMC6Q4OXovK-iYi7Z5U7OW5JmFY6TY8ifLiq0Keg2Kh2z9JQa9D7UPYVzbGFq8ZMgYFWVWOLhBe3YWwU-On-F0vZHhs-37aB3BXoE094YA66u0/s1600/date+with+daughters.jpg


Since Alyssa and Jon live an hour away, we try to get up there every once in awhile and visit Alyssa during the day. We love to go to a movie, if there is a decent one showing, go out to lunch, and shop a little bit. We always take my mom. My mom is always up for a good time, especially when it involves her daughters and granddaughters.

I love spending time with my daughters. They are truly a gift from God. I was a strict mom with them and disciplined them as I saw fit when they were growing up. I cared more for their inner beauty than their outward beauty. As you can see, they are both very beautiful.

Ken and I tried very hard not to make too big of a deal about their outward beauty. We knew that outward beauty is fleeting but inward beauty is eternal. We wanted them to have a heart for God and live to serve and please Him. 

They both have grown up to love Jesus. They both want to live for Him and trust Him with their lives. Whether or not your girls are beautiful on the outside or not, they can have wonderful lives if they follow and obey Jesus. A wonderful life has nothing to do with how beautiful you are on the outside but how beautiful you are on the inside.

I am getting old. I have gray hair that I have to dye every three weeks. I have a lot of wrinkles. {I have been raised in Southern California and I love the sun!} My outer man is definitely decaying just as my girl's outer man will decay someday. So I work even harder on becoming more beautiful inside.

God tells me I am being renewed day by day. His mercies are new every morning. I am so happy that this life isn't all there is but an eternity in heaven with a whole new body awaits me!

So whether you have beautiful girls or not, don't make a big deal about their outward beauty. Make sure you focus on their inward beauty. I have known a lot of women who are beautiful on the outside and real ugly on the inside. I much prefer to be around those who are beautiful on the inside.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
I Peter 3:3,4