Thursday, July 12, 2012

God Fearing Families


The Bates Family is going to have their own reality show that is similar to the Duggers.  Ken taped Nightline for me the other night that showed a glimpse into the Bates' lives.  The Duggers are good friends of theirs and they would visit the Bates Family.

The Bates are expecting their 19th child.  I am always amazed when I watch these two families.  They trust God!!!  They trust God with their family size and they trust God to provide for them.  Both families walk with Jesus. 

The wives are gentle, kind, and joyful.  You can tell that they are submissive to their husbands because their husbands seem like good, strong leaders.  The husbands lead the families in singing and Bible reading.  I love watching the interaction between the couples.  It is the way it is suppose to be.

All the children appear happy and work hard.  I haven't noticed any arguing among the siblings but instead, kindness and love. 

Neither family accepts any kind of governmental assistance.  The Bates family said they would easily qualify for it but they work hard and enjoy watching God's provision for them. 

I am happy they are on television.  The stereotypical American family today is two children who argue all the time.  Parents {if there are two of them which is getting more uncommon} that argue and complain.  All they pursue is more stuff and time alone on their iPad, computer, or television.

Both families told TLC they would only be televised if their open love for Jesus was filmed.  Neither family even has a television.

I think America needs a lot more families like the Bates and the Duggers than the Kardashians and Housewives shows.  I wish I had families like this that were a strong, godly model for me when I was younger.  I was fed the lie that I should use birth control and try controlling my life and circumstances as much as possible instead of working hard, loving others, and trusting God.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding. 
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5,6