Friday, January 11, 2013

Hardest Time Ever For Women

Gilles Marini was on The View today.  {He is on Dancing With The Stars and other shows I don't watch.}  They were discussing marriage.  He said that since the 1960's and all the freedom women have been given, life is harder than ever before for women.

He has been married for 14 years and said that his wife is a homemaker at home who takes care of everything.  On top of that, most women have to work.  He kept reiterating the fact how hard women have it today.

Wait a second!  I thought before the 60's women were miserable having to be at home and desired to pursue careers.  However, this in turn, has made it very difficult to be a woman having to juggle so many things.

I worked full time until I had my second child.  I felt like I wasn't a good wife, mother, or teacher.  It was horrible.  Whenever I write about mothers working, I get comments from women telling me they are able to do it all.

Well, I couldn't and I don't think a lot of women can.  We get too exhausted.  I don't think we were meant to take care of the home, family, and work outside the home.  It's too much.  Gilles is correct.  Life for many women is harder than it ever has been before.

The feminists and the women's movement, therefore, are responsible for making life harder for women.  Men in my dad's time didn't want their wives to work.  They wanted them to be home taking care of the family while they provided for the family.

Now women are expected to work.  Very, very sad.

Teach the young women to be....keepers at home.
Titus 2:5