Friday, January 18, 2013

Ice Dipping For Pain


Yes, I think I am very accident prone.  I'm very coordinated so it's not a problem with my coordination.  It's just a combination at being at the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess. 

I was at a good friend's house several years ago and while I was standing talking to a friend, her dog decided to sleep at my feet.  I didn't see him there so when I turned around, my feet were stuck under him and I landed on my right arm in agony. 

I didn't go to the doctor...but I'm sure it was broken. I didn't want a cast on it because I knew ice dipping it would heal it much faster. {We did have an x-ray taken and no bones were out of place.} Within a week of ice dipping, it was so much better. 

One early morning, I came downstairs and my cat was nipping at my feet. This wasn't a good cat. Actually, he was a mean cat so I went to kick him so he'd stop biting me. Well, he ran away and I kicked the wall instead. Oh, I was in pain. After a week of ice dipping, it was all better. 

My daughter recently had tendinitis in her thumb. She finally ice dipped one night and it felt so much better. It is great for any kind of tendinitis including tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc. Any inflammation or injury responds well to it.  It is so easy! 

If it is for an arm or hand, fill the kitchen sink with water and lots of ice.  I freeze empty plastic juice bottles and use them.  For two hours, dunk your injured part into the water for five to ten seconds then wait five to ten minutes.  Continue doing that for two hours.  Do that every day and within a week, you will feel so much better. 

For feet or ankles, I use a dishpan and fill it will water and ice.  I have a towel next to the bucket to rest my foot on in between.  Yes, you will get cold so have a blanket and heating pad when you do it.  Oh, back to being accident prone.  I think it is so I can teach others how to get well!

***UPDATE: Last year, my feet were hurting me SO badly I could hardly walk. I had taken a long walk in flip flops which I found out painfully afterwards that this is NOT a good idea. I tried ice dipping and it wasn't helping at all. I got out my Trigger Point Book and read that any time you have feet pain, it is probably due to problems with muscles in your lower leg. I began trigger point therapy on all my trigger points in my lower leg and in within one day, I found relief! I took several weeks of treatment to make it all better. Therefore, if it is muscle pain, you may want to try Trigger Point Therapy, instead.

Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you
and that you may be in good health,
as it goes well with your soul.
3 John 1:2