Sunday, January 20, 2013

In Rebellion To God


Yes, I have been in rebellion lately.  There is something Ken does that was bothering me.  I felt like he scolds me once in awhile.  I asked him if he would stop scolding me.  I didn't like it.  He told me he was "correcting" me because he felt I could be inconsiderate at times.

I move fast.  I talk fast.  I don't notice things sometimes.  I am inconsiderate at times but I fought him on this.  I didn't want him telling me what to do and correcting me.  I felt like a child.  So we went back and forth for a few days.

Finally, the Lord captured my attention.  I was in rebellion.  Plain and simple.  I didn't want to obey Ken in everything.  I didn't want to listen to his corrections.  I wasn't being a wise woman for a wise woman takes rebuke.

I write something on my facebook page every morning for the women who follow me to encourage them in their roles as wives and mothers.  I wrote this the other day ~

Criticism can increase your potential for growth mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Until you learn to accept criticism, you may never learn who you truly are. It is in criticism that you will learn your weaknesses and the things you need to change.

You all must realize that I am writing these words for me as much as I am writing them for you.  Ken knows me better than anybody else.  He can see my faults clearly and my desire is to become a godly woman that obeys God in everything.

Simply changing my perspective on my thinking changed everything.  I told Ken I want him to continue correcting me and I will no longer fight him on it.  He is a wise man and wants the best for me.  He isn't doing it to hurt me but to help me.  All of a sudden, I am fine with it!

I truly want to submit to and obey Ken in everything because this is what God commands of me.  I am still learning.  Understanding what submission looks like can take time when you haven't seen it practiced anywhere, but I know it is a beautiful thing because God only creates beauty.

Wives, submit yourselves to your 
own husbands as you do to the Lord.  
For the husband is the head of the 
wife as Christ is the head of the church, 
his body, of which he is the Savior. 
Now as the church submits to Christ, 
so also wives should submit 
to their husbands in everything.
Ephesians 5:22-24



Modest Monday