Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Praying Over Your Neighborhood


There have been four neighborhoods I have lived in since I was a child.  Before I moved to this neighborhood, none of my neighborhoods were that good.  There was a lot of divorce.  I didn't know many of my neighbors.  Some of my neighbors were mean and unhappy.  Many of the children grew up to be rebellious. 

We moved into this neighborhood over 15 years ago.  I decided long ago to pray consistently over it.  In my mind, I go around from house to house, naming the couple that lives in each house, and asking the Lord that they would believe in Him.  I ask that His Spirit will move mightily in this neighborhood.  I ask for protection over the marriages.

This is an amazing neighborhood.  God is so faithful.  There has only been one divorce that I know of on my whole street.  The majority of the children have grown up to be hard-working adults.  The marriages seem happy and strong.  There is a lot of warmth among the neighbors.  Every one gets along.  Every one takes good care of their home and front yard.  Every one is considerate of others.  It is truly amazing!

I am not sure if it is coincidence or the power of prayer but I prefer to think it is the power of prayer because my neighborhood is very unique.  God is good and He does answer prayer.  I encourage you to make it a priority to pray consistently over your neighborhood.  While you are at it, pray over our nation also.  If He can change a neighborhood, He can surely change a nation!

And he told them a parable to the effect
that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.