Sunday, March 3, 2013

Asking "Why Me?"


Why have I had to suffer so many years of pain?

Why did I get a brain tumor?

Why do I suffer with so many neck problems which led to
having my neck fused together?

Why was I so full of parasites and suffered from digestive problems
for so many years?

If I ask these questions, I must also ask ~

Why was I born in America and have never gone to bed hungry?

Why did I marry an amazing man who is a great provider,
husband, and father?

Why was I blessed with four healthy children that walk with Jesus?

Why do I get a beautiful home, comfy bed, and hot water?

I have never asked why I have suffered so much physically.  I was more apt to ask, "Why not me?" I don't deserve anything but by God's amazing grace and abundant mercy, I have been blessed.  I am learning to look above my circumstances and see my Savior and His many promises to me.

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, 
knowing that suffering produces endurance, 
and endurance produces character,
 and character produces hope, 
and hope does not put us to shame, 
because God's love has been poured into 
our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.