Sunday, March 10, 2013

Living A Clean Life


My testimony is fairly boring.   I was raised in a Christian home with a mother and father.  I accepted Jesus into my heart when I was a young child.  I went to Christian camps every summer.  I attended public schools until college then went to a Christian college. 

I always walked with Jesus.  I did a few things I wasn't proud of growing up but nothing that was openly rebellious.  I married a Christian man at the age of 22 and went on to have four children who all walk with Jesus and never rebelled against Him.  I didn't have a dramatic life transforming experience.

Do I wish I walked closer with Jesus through high school?  Yes.  Do I wish I submitted and truly loved my husband from the moment we said, "I do"?  Yes.  Life is a journey and the Lord has worked powerfully in my life as I yield myself more to Him and understand who He is in my life.

Dr. Benjamin Carson was on Hannity again and said the he has lived a clean life.  There are no skeletons in his closet.  Do you know what a blessing that is?  I use to wish I had more of a dramatic testimony but now I am thankful that I do not.  I am thankful how the Lord was always in my life and so important to me.

Elizabeth Elliot spoke to us in chapel while I was at college.  She said if you had to make a list of all your many blessings and you were raised in a godly family, that should be at the top of your list.  The older I get, the more I see the wisdom in what she said.

God says the purpose for marriage is to raise godly offspring who walk in His ways.  This is His, our Creator's, design for our life.  What a blessing if we were raised to do that.

Train your children in the ways of the Lord.  Love your husband and stay married to him all the days of your life.  In doing this, you protect your children from much harm to themselves and society so that one day they may grow up and proclaim that they have lived a clean life with no skeletons in their closet either!  What a precious gift to bestow upon your children and future generations.

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned
and hast been assured of,
knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures,
which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 3:14,15

Pour Your Heart Out