Friday, March 15, 2013

The Thirty Day Challenge


We made it thirty days without one argument or conflict!  I mentioned that to Ken and he said, "How did we do that?"  I told him if we disagreed, I allowed him to be right and didn't fight him about it.  If he said something that I didn't think was that nice {since men aren't women and they don't act like women, thank goodness}, I didn't get offended.

It was wonderful!  Peace is a wonderful thing.  I figured if Sandy and Peter can go their whole married lives without arguing, we could go thirty days.  They say it takes thirty days to change behavior.  I challenge all of you to make a commitment with your spouse to go thirty days without one argument or any conflict whatsoever.

A woman with a gentle and quiet spirit is beautiful to the Lord and I am sure is
beautiful to your husband also.

If you struggle having conflict with your husband, look up all the verses that deal with arguing, quarreling,  dissension, and anger in the Bible.  Begin meditating on them regularly to allow yourself to be transformed by the renewing of your mind with God's Truth.  Then memorize verses about peace.  God's Word will convict and change you.  

I began down the path of not arguing with Ken ten years ago.  I simply tried biting my tongue and working hard at not arguing.  I have learned a much better way.  I began allowing God to change me through knowing His Word and what He thinks about the matter.  He does a much better job than my own self-will.  Ask your husband to keep you accountable and begin your thirty days of peace.

Are any of you up for the challenge???

Strive for peace with everyone,
and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Hebrews 12:14