Thursday, June 6, 2013

Am I A Hypocrite?



It's not possible that you and Ken never argue; that you have marital relations every day; that your children only walk in the Truth---they are human!  This was an email I received lately.  She never wants to read my blog again since I am a hypocrite or am I?

Do Ken and I ever argue?  We really don't anymore.  We did for many years but several months ago,  I decided I didn't want to argue with him anymore.  It accomplishes nothing good and is hard on the relationship.  I figured if Sandy and Peter could go their whole married lives without arguing, I could not argue for the rest of my married life.

Do we have marital relations every day?  We did the first year!  No, we don't have it every day now and I never claimed that we did.  I just encourage women to keep their husbands sexually satisfied and when they are young, they like it almost every day.  If he only likes it every other day or even just once a week, that is fine but find out what pleases him.  I definitely try to please Ken in this area as long as I am not dying from a brain tumor or something like that.

Do my children only walk in Truth?  I have never used the word "only" when I state that my children walk in Truth.  Yes, walking in Truth describes all of their lives.  They love Jesus and live to please Him.  Are they perfect?  No, but they understand who they are in Christ, new creatures in Christ, and trust in who He says they are now.

I realize as a teacher I am held to a higher standard.  I never want to be called a hypocrite or blaspheme the Word of God by not living what I teach.  I believe God's promises, however, and He tells me I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.  I have everything I need for life and godliness.  I trust Him to work mightily within me.  

I always want Him to get all the glory, not me.  I can only live a godly life because of His power working in me. His ways work.  I have tried them and I like them.  I want to share them with others so they can live the abundant life also.

So, no, I don't live the Christian life perfectly.  I have never claimed that I do but I will continue to allow God to work in and through me, drawing all my strength from Him and hopefully, looking more and more like Him as I grow older.

Let not many of you become teachers, 
my brethren, knowing that as such 
we will incur a stricter judgment.
James 3:1