Thursday, June 13, 2013

Purpose For My Blog


You claim the "clear" teachings of Scripture, and yet against strong biblical support for contrary views you defend your own with personal anecdotes and prooftexting. Seems it's less "Always Learning" and more affirming your current beliefs. 

But I don't blame you. After many years in the church, I blame the church itself, who teaches both men and women to parrot their lines without proper exegesis. This is what I take umbrage with.


I'll leave you with this: 1 Cor. 7:8. {I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I am.} It's right there, freeing women to reject marriage. You're free to tell women they CAN be homemakers. It's shameful and unbiblical to tell them they MUST.

These are the words of another reader upset with what I am teaching.  They forgot to add the verse right after verse 8, "But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."

The purpose of my blog is based upon Titus 2:4,5 "The aged women...may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

I have never stated that all women MUST be homemakers.  I am teaching what the Bible commands for me to teach.  Also, in the beginning, God knew it was not good for Adam to be alone so He created a help meet and commanded they be fruitful and multiply.  He said, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife:  and they shall be one flesh."

God created marriage and it is good.  I have never personally met a woman who didn't want to be married.  I know there are some out there, nuns for instance, but the large majority want to be married and many want children.  This is who I am writing this blog for.