Monday, July 15, 2013

Serving Your Husband Is Offensive?


Courtney from Women Living Well has written a book that she asked me to review.  It will be coming out in October.  I will be writing a longer review on it later but I wanted to tackle this one issue she brought up.

Four years ago, she was on the Rachael Ray Show.  Courtney said the following on the show ~

"I went to college.  I graduated with honors.  I could have chosen to have a career, but once I married my husband, he became my career.  I love taking care of him. I find fulfillment in that...It's hard work to take care of a home.  It is a job, and I do it full-time."

Rachel then asked the crowd, "Show of hands.  Is there anyone here who finds this a little offensive?"

So let's get this right.  You can murder unborn babies, practice homosexuality, send naked pictures of yourself over the Internet, and have sex with anyone you please, but if you dare to want to be at home serving your husband, you are being offensive?

It is amazing how truly offensive this is to so many people.  Whenever I write about women being "keepers at home,"  I get a lot of hateful comments.  Let's just look at the way our bodies were created.

Women's bodies were made to create and nurture children.  Men's bodies were created to be strong, full of testosterone, and able to "slay the dragons."  Even if you don't believe in God, at least look at the way each sex was built and for what intended purposes.

We are led to believe that a woman's freedom is taken away if she has to stay home, raise babies, and take care of her husband.  This is a lie that, we who are believers, must no longer believe.  This is God's calling for the vast majority of women.  We are the ones raising the next generation.

Yes, people will find it offensive if you say these kind of things but don't worry about it.  The only person you need to be worried of offending is God and believe me, He is not offended at all if you want to be at home serving your family.  In fact, He is very well pleased.

He maketh the barren woman to keep house, 
and to be a joyful mother of children. 
Praise ye the LORD.
Psalm 113:9