Monday, July 22, 2013

The Key To Blessing


Many wives spurn their husband's leadership.  Actually, most of us do.  We spurn them regularly, either passively or actively, in the little things and the big, thus losing God's blessing in our home.

God has clearly commanded, "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord...let the wives be {subject} to their own husbands in every thing." {Ephesians 5:22,25} 

This has never been easy for women in any age throughout history since our own natures are certainly more inclined toward insubordination than submission.  But I think it is especially difficult in our generation, which seem intent on teaching women to be strong, independent, and stubborn.

However, whatever path the world is on is usually completely opposite of what the Lord commands and what is best for us.

When we walk in disobedience to God, we miss out.  When we are unsubmissive to our husbands, we miss out.  We reap what we sow.  Walking in obedience to God brings peace, joy, and harmony.  Walking in disobedience brings conflict, misery, and disunity.

You know I write about submission frequently and I know many of you squirm when I do.  I know it isn't easy.  I still struggle with it but I want it badly and I am learning because I know that all of God's ways are very, very good.

You don't hear submission being taught today in very many places since women have become so powerful and submission offends them.  This is not God's way.  He wants women of God to have quiet and gentle spirits who don't get offended easily but walk in obedience to Him.

Keep learning what submission looks like.  Begin obeying your husband in everything and then tell me how it is going.  He is our loving Creator and wants our lives to be filled with peace and joy. His ways are the only ways that lead us there.

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ,
the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.
I Corinthians 11:13

picture source