Sunday, August 18, 2013

Will You Take This Challenging Pledge?


A late Bible teacher named Russell Kelfer wrote the following challenge for people who wanted to learn to be grateful in this life and recommit to it on a regular basis.  It is so easy to not be thankful, but instead complain and be unhappy since this life gives us so many trials.  I have written out the whole challenge in case any of you want to go from being unthankful to thankful!

Having been born into the kingdom of God, I do hereby acknowledge that God's purchase of my life included all the rights and control of that life for all eternity.

I do further acknowledge that He has not guaranteed me to be free from pain or to have success or prosperity.  He has not guaranteed me perfect health.  He has not guaranteed me perfect parents.  He has not guaranteed me perfect children.  He has not guaranteed me the absence of pressures, trials, misunderstandings, or persecution.

What He has promised me is eternal life.  What He has promised me is abundant life.  What He has promised me is love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness  meekness, and self-control. He has given me all of Himself in exchange for the rights to my life.

Therefore I acknowledge this day the relinquishment of all my rights and expectations, and humbly ask Him by His grace to replace these with a grateful spirit, for whatever in His wisdom He deems to allow for my life.

Maybe print this out and hang it somewhere where you will see it often and be reminded what life is all about so you can keep your life in line with God's purposes for you.

Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father 
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:20 

Hear It On Sunday