Sunday, October 27, 2013

Casting Your Care {Cyber Knife Update}


Joyce Meyer said her husband never worries about anything.  If she is anxious and worried about something and goes to him about it, he will always tell her to "Cast your cares..."

I love that.  I start Cyber Knife treatment tomorrow.  I am anxious about it so I keep casting my care.  The treatments will be 45 to 50 minutes long.  I will have to wear a tightly fitted mask covering my whole face that is bolted down to a table so I won't move at all.

Half of the people take a sedative to relax them.  I can't take any drugs orally since my gut is so sensitive to drugs.  I am going to have to depend upon the peace that passes understanding for this.  I am scheduled for treatments Monday through Friday.

So instead of worrying about it like I was doing, every time I think about it I cast my care upon the Lord and it helps so much.  He commands that we be anxious or worried about  nothing.  He wants to take our burden upon Himself and carry it for us.  What peace this has brought me.

I am asking for prayers for perfect peace and protection for my pituitary and optic nerve.  My radiologist said it took longer than normal to map out and figure treatment since the tumor bumps up against critical structures.  This is why the treatments are longer than normal also.

I thank the Lord for Cyber Knife and doctors who know how to work this complicated thing.  God can use any means to heal and it would be wonderful if He would use this to heal me forever of this tumor and keeps me from having to ever go on hormone replacement.

However, I know that He is in control, knows my future, and I can rest secure in that.  Thank you for all your prayers and support.  God's people have comforted me and have helped me get through this difficult time.

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
Matthew 11:28,29

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
I Peter 5:7