Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pioneer Woman Has It Right


The first time I found out about Ree, the Pioneer woman, was long time ago before she was popular. I was reading her blog when she was telling us her love story. I loved her writing and now I love her show. She loves her husband and her children so much. It's very refreshing!

Once in awhile, she will have a day when she responds to reader's questions.  This one particular question and answer really caught my eye ~

Dear Pioneer Woman:
My husband and I recently celebrated our one-year anniversary last month. It’s been a wonderful year full of love and fun. We’ve recently started talking about having a baby. What advice would you give us?
Babies on the Brain

Dear Brainy:
My advice would be to have a baby.
Then ago ahead and have another one after that.
And so on.
And while you’re having all these babies, just don’t ever forget why you married each other in the first place. I guarantee your fruitful family will stay happy and healthy for a long, long time.
Love,
Eternally Sick with Baby Fever

She got it right! Good, practical, godly advice; get married, have lots of babies, and love your husband; straight from the Bible.

Take wives and have sons and daughters; 
take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, 
that they may bear sons and daughters; 
multiply there, and do not decrease.
Jeremiah 29:6