Friday, April 11, 2014

My Brand New Couches



Well, they really aren't brand new, just recovered. They look like brand new, however, and they only cost me $1500! I also got new carpet. You can see how it used to look HERE. The pictures look a bit different since I took the other picture in the early morning and this picture in the late afternoon. We have a western exposure so we get the afternoon sun until it sets. I love having the sun streaming through my windows!

Before we moved into this home 17 years ago, we lived in a home in a valley. We got the morning sun, but lost the sun completely around 2:00 p.m. every day since a huge mountain was behind us. It also was very cold in the valley. Cold air sinks so when I would take a walk in the early morning, I was freezing when I started walking and when I got to the top of the hill, it was at least ten degrees warmer.

When we decided to move, I told Ken I wanted a home on a hill with a southern or western exposure. I wanted a sunny home! The sun sanitizes things and makes everything seem happier. Florence Nightengale noticed that when she worked in a hospital, all the patients on the northern side {which never gets sun} didn't recover nearly as quickly or not at all compared to those on the southern side.

My cat, Rascal, is on the couch sunning himself. He goes there every afternoon. He is a long haired cat and throws up every day. He licks himself and our other cat all the time. I finally had enough of it {and I didn't want him throwing up on my new couches and carpet} so I researched it a bit. I brush both of my cats really well every morning now and I give him a little bit of this stuff from the pet store that is suppose to help. He hasn't thrown up in three days so I am crossing my fingers!

I love my new carpet! I use to have to vacuum my dark green carpet almost every day because it always showed everything. This carpet never needs to be vacuumed! It shows nothing. {I do vacuum it once a week, however.}

So, I am very happy with my new family room. So it you ever want any furniture covered for so much cheaper than most places, send me an email and I will give you her number!

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Proverbs 24:3,4


***We are no longer called sinners, but saints. God has clothed us with His righteousness and taken us out of the kingdom of darkness so that we might be a light to others.