Monday, September 29, 2014

Most Stressed Out in Society


The most stressed out people in our society are women between the ages of 45 and 64 years old. They also have the lowest well-being of any age group or gender. Here is one example of one woman who proves this to be true ~

She wakes up with the sun, her kids still live at home, she works a full-time job and she spends her lunch breaks visiting her mother, who recently suffered a stroke. On top of that, Watkins is married and attempting to stay healthy.

"It's 'Oh, wow. I'm not spending enough time with Mom. I'm not giving her enough support,'" she told ABC News. "But then I go over and spend more time with her and then I'm thinking: 'Wow. My kids are needing more of my time. My husband needs more of my time or my job.'"

"It's the constant feeling that you're never doing enough for any particular group that needs your time. Most definitely, I think that comes with the female territory," she said. "I want to find a corner and curl myself up and get away from everybody and everything, but that doesn't happen."

THIS is what feminism fought so hard for??!! Women living stressed out and overworked lives even when they are older?? Nobody wins. Nobody. Husbands, children, and parents are neglected. Now women are getting all the diseases that are related to stress that mostly men use to get like heart disease and high blood pressure. 

I frequently read or see these interviews given my moms who are movie stars and they admit that they are all having a difficult time "having it all." Having it all is a lie. We were never meant to be able to have it all by the world's definition. If you are a believer, you are meant to walk in the ways of God and do those things which have eternal value like raising godly offspring, loving and pleasing your husbands, and making your homes a haven for your families.

These responsibilities don't change much as you get older. Teenagers still need mothers at home. Even grown children need help with babysitting and help with the grandchildren. Husbands will always need their wives. The homes still need to be cleaned and maintained with nourishing food shopped for and prepared. Then there are the elderly parents that start needing help. Finally, older women are suppose to be teaching the younger women. How are they supposed to do that when they can hardly take care of their own families?

This is God's role for you older women..."The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becomes holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women...
Titus 2:3, 4

HERE is the link to the article I quoted above.

photo source