Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Neglected Husband


Her husband wrote her a text from work and told her that she loves the children more than him. It broke her heart. Does your husband feel this way? I believe most men feel this way. I have even heard women say they will divorce their husband, but "they will always do whatever is best for their children." They would NEVER leave their children. Oh, how I wish I could explain to them that staying married to their daddy, making him her number one priority over the children, and providing them with a mother and father are what is best for her children!

Whenever I have asked women if they are better wives or mothers, they always answer they are better mothers. Mothers are touched, pulled, and needed all day long by little ones. They nurse awhile, fix meals, clean, wipe faces, wash dishes, cuddle, read, and the list goes on and on. These are their babies that came from their womb. They love them! They would do anything for them. I understand. I felt the same exact way when I had four little ones.

Then Dad walks in the door. "Oh, it's just him. He's a big boy and can take care of himself. What about me? I sure hope he doesn't expect anything from me tonight." I'm sure many of you can agree with this sentiment. You're happy to have your husband around to work hard and bring home the paycheck but this is about it. Many wives don't care for their husbands much past this and besides, he does things that bother you. I'm sure this is why many men don't want many children. They've already lost their wife when they had their first child!

Boy! I sure wish I had Debi Pearl in my life to set me straight! I desperately needed a thought transformation since I had such bad thinking. This is not God's ways for us. We are first and foremost called to be our husband's help meet. Most husbands work hard to provide for their families and deserve the respect of their wives for this huge responsibility God has ordained for them. Men want and need respect from their wives. God knew this. He created them for it and this is why He commands it from wives.

Instead, when your husband comes home, drop everything and greet him at the door with a hug and a kiss. All the children will follow your lead. (Although, they've probably been excited to see their daddy come home all along and the mother should have followed her children's lead!) Make sure there is a meal he enjoys prepared for him and he has a home of peace without strife to welcome him home. Train and discipline your children so all of the burden doesn't fall on your husband's shoulders. 

Listen to him when he speaks. Make sure the law of kindness is on your tongue and that he knows he is as important to you as the children you had together if not more. Please, don't neglect your husband once you begin having children. I understand that it is easy to do but you must not allow it to happen in your marriage. You two are one flesh and you'll be together alone for many years after the children grow up and leave home if the Lord tarries.

And the LORD God said,
 It is not good that the man should be alone; 
I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:18