Thursday, March 31, 2016

Some of My Favorite Things


There are some things that I have found that I love so I wanted to share them with you. It's fun to find things that make keeping a home clean and tidy easier and more efficient, plus not being full of toxic chemicals! I also have two natural body products that I love.

 The first thing I want to tell you about is my Norwex cloth. Oh, how I love this! Instead of washing counters down to get the junk off with a sponge, then spraying them with a solution and finally, wiping it down with a cloth to dry, I simply use my Norwex cloth. As soon as I am done washing my dishes, I get my Norwex cloth off of the oven handle where it always hangs to dry out, get it wet in hot water, squeeze out the water, then wipe everything down; my counter tops, my stove top, toaster, refrigerator handles, the inside of the frig when needed, and anything else that needs to be cleaned. I rinse it out with hot water and hang it over my oven handle to dry for the next time. I have been a homemaker for many, many years and this is by far the best microfiber cloth I have ever used. It glides easily across the counter leaving barely any water behind it, no streaking, and perfectly clean! It even will clean up raw chicken juice and after rinsing the cloth in hot water, the juice will be gone and the cloth clean. {It has been tested for this!} 

 The Norwex EnviroCloth is used in the same way but in the bathrooms and elsewhere; no sprays, no paper towels, no cloths to have to clean. It truly is amazing; they have a special type of silver in them that causes them to clean so amazingly efficiently. If they smell at all, you just throw them in the washing machine with no bleach or softener. I have been using mine for several weeks now and it still has no smell to it! I also have their mop system which is by far the best mop system I have ever used! I have all wood floors and it makes cleaning them a breeze! {It's best to order these things from a person who sells them since this is how the Norwex Company works. I bought mine from Amber and I loved her! She responds quickly and gets the order out right away. If you have any questions, you can email her at amber.safehaven@gmail.com. I'm not doing this to "win" anything from her for free. I am sharing this because it is truly amazing!}


The second thing I love is my Scrub Daddy. I used to use those Scotch brand yellow sponges with the green backs but love this one so much more. It's biodegradable over time and non-toxic. It's rough in cold water and softens in hot water. It's easy to clean inside bottles and glasses. When you're finished, you simply rinse it off in hot water and set it on your sink to dry. It doesn't get grimy and ugly. {Amazon and Target sell them.}

Next, I love my Scrub Buds from Amway. I have been using these for years. They are so much better than the SOS pads because they are made of stainless steel and never rust so they last a long, long time. They scrub my pans beautifully and make them shiny and clean. They are great to scrub clean stove top burners and toaster ovens too! Anything that is difficult to get off, I will use my Scrub Buds.


I also love organic coconut oil. I put a tablespoon of it on my yam and it makes it yummy. Coconut oil is so good for you. It's good for your brain, your skin, kills bacteria and virus', stabilizes hormones and all sorts of good things for your body. It also keeps the body well-oiled and is great for female issues! 

I also love Jane Iredale makeup. I am very careful what I put on and in my body since it all affects my health. I finally found this makeup a while ago and absolutely love it. I bought it in a store the first time so I could figure out what colors looked best on me. {My naturopath had recommended this makeup and said all the naturopaths in the office use it.} I only buy the powdered foundation, the blush, the rose spritz so it stays on all day long, and the eyebrow pencil. I buy it when there's a sale.  It's very light and natural looking.

These are a few of my favorite things that I use every single day. 
What are some of the things you use every day and love?

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17