Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Let's Bash Men and Put Them in Their Place!


Women accuse me of hating women. How could I hate them when I spend so much time writing to them the ways of the Lord? I am a woman. I love being a woman. I have never had a desire to be a man nor do a man’s job. I am deeply satisfied with the way the Lord has created me. I understand the role He has given me and it is good. I love being feminine, however, I also respect men and their role in society. I love the men of my family and extended family.

I am, however, deeply saddened how male bashing is perfectly okay in our culture. I am even more deeply saddened how lukewarm the Church is becoming. It has watered-down God’s principles and His will for our lives. Here is an example. Have you heard of Lisa Bevere? To be honest, I don’t know much about her but someone pointed out an article on her blog. It was written by a man named Kris Vallotton and he bashes men by explaining all the horrible things men have done. He fails to name anything they have accomplished like invent and build everything that we are blessed with today. What about all the good Presidents, Leaders, and Preachers who were men? He conveniently overlooked them. Why did he bash men? In order to prove that women should be in leadership positions in the Church!

Mr. Vallotton accused the Church of being biblically inaccurate in allowing women to be leaders in the Church but failed to use one Bible verse to prove this false teaching. Here is a paragraph from his post ~

I have an amazing wife, two daughters, a daughter-in-law and three granddaughters that wake up every day to a world of discrimination simply because of their gender. But the most troubling aspect of this oppression is that the Church is often found leading it! Many believers have developed a theology that proactively uses the Bible to disqualify women from the most formidable roles of leadership, especially in the Church. I am appalled by the number of Christian leaders who are convinced that women are not as qualified, called, and/or gifted to lead as men are.

Can you tell me how this man manipulates this scripture to mean that women should teach in the Church? But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet {1 Timothy 2:12}. How about this one? Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church {1 Corinthians 14:34}. The qualifications for elders and deacons are "the husband of one wife." I am not sure how Paul could have written any more clearly.

In Vallotton's thinking, it’s oppression that is causing women to not have leadership positions in the church. The Bible clearly teaches that women shouldn’t be leaders in the Church. I have written about this topic several times. It doesn’t mean women are inferior to men in any way and they are certainly not oppressed. God has given them different roles. We are the ones who have babies and get to raise them for the Lord. There are numerous ways we can serve in society and in the Church. Many are in need and the loving hand of a woman is just what would soothe and comfort them.

This article disgusts me as I am sure it will do the same to many of you. I expect to be disgusted by teachings of the world but for someone who calls themselves a believer to write something so contrary to Truth is speaking evil about God's Word. This is called blasphemy and teachings like this are leading many astray. Don't listen to women preachers. Don't agree with writings such as this that are completely opposed to the Word of God. This is why you must be in the Word daily to see clearly right from wrong. Rejoice in who the Lord made you and the role He has given you!